In celebration of Marshalls 1,000th store opening (!) this month, I had the pleasure of meeting celebrity stylist Brad Goreski, who shared his top 10 styling tips (commit these to memories, ladies) as well as his favorite surprising finds you can score every day at Marshalls:
1. Switch it up: Try a bunch of different styles and trends and you’ll be surprised by which ones work best for you! That’s the key to really finding your true authentic style. The great thing about Marshalls is the variety of designer and brand merchandise. From layering pieces for the fall to evening wear for special occasions this season, there are surprising finds at every turn.
2. Choose a color scheme: Tone on tone neutrals can be very chic for fall.
3. Add a pop of print: If you are not adventurous try incorporating on-trend prints in your accessories—like a leopard print shoe or a plaid clutch.
4. Fringe is in: Don’t be afraid of some fringe- try a fringe jacket this fall with your basic tee and jeans with some sneakers for a modern bohemian feel. I can always find unique designer pieces at stores like Marshalls because it always feels like a fun treasure hunt!
5. Sparkle and shine: A little sparkle never hurt anyone…add some sparkle to your evening looks, especially somewhere unexpected like your shoes. Even better, try a metallic fabric!
6. White out: Forget the rules! Wear white all year round. Winter white is a MUST in every fall wardrobe.
7. Layer it up: Make sure when you layer that you mix heavy and light fabrics. Try a chunky knit with a long chiffon, or silky shirt underneath and skinny jeans.
8. Worry less, celebrate more: We are very quick to talk about the things we don’t like about ourselves or our bodies but we should really be focusing on the areas we love—that’s what you will want to highlight. Choose surprising accessories to draw the attention!
9. Tights are right: Black tights are a great go to for when the weather gets cold, but try a different color like burgundy or dark green to add more interest to your outfit. Also, try tights with body shapers already built in! It’s a two for one!
10. Looking expensive doesn’t have to be expensive: Just because you wear designer doesn’t mean you have to pay high prices. You’ll be surprised by the designer pieces you can find at Marshalls, all at incredible prices!