Nothing says summer like a great cocktail, and we’ve got the best one ever. Yep, you read that right. Forget your Tequila Sunrise margarita and white sangria–your drink of choice this season should be frosé.
So now you’re probably wondering, “what IS frosé?” Well, it’s rosé in slushie form. Why didn’t anyone think of this sooner?!
Ok, now that you’re thirsty, here’s a recipe from Bon Appetit to make this pretty, pink drink.
- Pour rosé into a 13×9″ pan and freeze until almost solid, which should take at least 6 hours.
- Boil sugar and 1/2 cup of water in a medium saucepan; stir and let cook for about three minutes or until the sugar dissolves.
- Add strawberries to the mix and then remove from heat.
- Let it sit for 30 minutes to infuse syrup with strawberry flavor.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a small bowl; cover and chill until cold, which should take about 30 minutes.
- Scrape rosé into a blender.
- Add lemon juice, 3½ ounces strawberry syrup, and 1 cup crushed ice and purée until smooth.
- Transfer blender jar to the freezer and freeze until frosé is thickened, which should take 25–35 minutes.
- Blend again until frosé is slushy.
- Pour ’em out and enjoy!
This refreshing summer drink is sure to be at any and all happy hours, BBQs and summer parties. Not to mention, it’s already starting to blow up on Instagram. So get ready because frosé season is here, y’all!