Coco Before Chanel: We Take A Look At Our Fave Coco-Inspired Looks
August 27, 2009
In just a few short weeks, the biopic we’ve been dying for, Coco Before Chanel, is finally being released in the U.S. We can’t wait to take a look into the early life of the fashion icon and of course, drool over the vintage looks on our favorite actrice, Audrey Tautou.
So, in the spirit of a Coco-celebration, we’ve assembled our five favorite Chanel looks…with five ways to get them at normal people prices.
1. An eternal status symbol, Chanel’s quilted chain strap purse has been reproduced by a myriad of designers. We like this teeny Deena & Ozzy ($48) bag -it comes in neon green and pink, but like Coco, we prefer the traditional black.
2. Chanel’s fitted blazer is still an item we’d love to get our hands on, but until then we’ll gladly settle for a tweed style like this boyfriend blazer by Aqua ($98).
3. Coco coined the term “little black dress” when she set out to create a fashion that would be chic, versatile, and accessible to everyone. We certainly love a sophisticated mini like this style from Black Halo ($345).
4. We’ve got to give Chanel props for introducing the long layered necklace trend with her famous multiple strands of pearls. Try a cheaper draped look with these cascading faux pearls from Forever 21 ($8).
5. Putting women in trousers is perhaps Chanel’s greatest triumph. You can’t go wrong with a classic pair of pleated pants like this slouchy style from Generra ($195).