Lucite Trend Valentino Michael Kors Stella McCartney
1. Lucite. The lucite trend is in full force. Designers like Valentino, Michael Kors, and Carolina Herrera (left to right, above) incorporated the plastic into their Spring 2013 collections. We like them paired with more conservative pieces - don't want anyone to mistake you for a stripper!
Kate Spade Leslie Lucite-Heel Pump
Shop It: Kate Spade Leslie Lucite-Heel Pump ($358)
Mesh Trend Prabal, Sophie Theallet, Jason Wu
2. Mesh. Many a designer, including Prabal Gurung, Sophie Theallet, and Jason Wu (left to right, above) featured mesh in their shoe designers for Spring 2013. To avoid looking like you're wearing a fishing net for a shoe, make sure to pick a pair with leather detailing.
Badgley Mischka Myria Mesh Pumps
Shop It: Badgley Mischka Myria Mesh Pumps ($122.50, down from $245)
Mixed Media Trend Max Mara Fendi Carolina Herrera
3. Mixed Media. Max Mara, Fendi, and Carolina Herrera (left to right, above) all championed the mixed media trend on their Spring 2013 runways. Various textures and details make a pair of these the ultimate statement shoe.
Rachel Roy Fawn Colorblock Leather Sandal
Shop It: Rachel Roy Fawn Colorblock Leather Sandal ($295)
Flat Sandals Trend Miu Miu DG Paul and Joe
4. Flat Sandals. Channel your inner bohème with spring's flat sandal trend. Miu Miu, Dolce & Gabbana, and Paul & Joe (left to right, above) sent these practical sandals down their runways. We'd pair them with ankle-length jeans and a tee for an off-duty, weekend look.
Tory Burch Alexa Flat
Shop It: Tory Burch Alexa Flat Sandals ($285)
Iridescent Trend Christian Siriano Fendi Rodarte
5. Iridescent. Otherwise known as the hologram trend, the iridescent look is popping up everywhere, but it's especially fond of shoes. Designers like Christian Siriano, Fendi, and Rodarte featured the technique in their Spring 2013 collections. Take care to incorporate this trend in small doses, otherwise you might send off a Zenon vibe.
B Brian Atwood Metallic Snake-Embossed Pump
Shop It: B Brian Atwood Snake-Embossed Pumps ($157, down from $350)