I’m sure by now you’ve heard of meal subscription services. The most popular services are Blue Apron, Plated and Hello Fresh. Each company delivers fresh ingredients to your doorstep each week, with instructions on how to make a gourmet meal at home. Like any subscription service, there are pros and cons but I think the pros outweigh the cons in this situation. Here’s why.
1. Encourages you to cook. I love cooking and I truly believe it promotes a healthier lifestyle. Not only because you won’t be ordering takeout every night, but cooking food brings people together. Grab your family and friends and have some fun in the kitchen. Bonus: you get to enjoy the delicious food together.
2. No hassle. Don’t you hate grocery shopping? I know I do. Blue Apron, Hello Fresh and Plated all eliminate the hassle of food shopping. I mean, your groceries are literally delivered to your door, already portioned out.
3. Portion control. All the ingredients come prepared and portioned so all you have to do is cook! This will also prevent you from wasting food and overeating, which most people have a problem with.
4. Learn to cook. These services are great for beginners as well as experience cooks. With easy-to-follow recipe cards, you’ll be on your way to cooking gourmet meals in no time!
5. Fresh ingredients. It’s definitely not the best to be ordering takeout all the time. It’s important to eat fresh, whole foods. Blue Apron likes using as many farm-fresh ingredients, from local suppliers, as they can.
It might sound intimidating, but try it out! You might be pleasantly surprised.