Do You Even Know What The Least-Used Emojis Are?
July 5, 2016
Sure, we all know how to throw a red heart or a tears-of-joy emoji around on text or Twitter–but if you had to guess what the least-used emojis were, could you even?
Well, you don’t need to guess, you can just look to the internet for the answer–a site called Emojitracker has been logging every use of emoji in a geo-tagged tweet since July 2013, and has updated-to-the-minute list of all of them.
Here are the 5 emojis that the people of this planet use the least, according to the site:
5. “Passport Control” Coming in at #5 on the list of least-used emojis, is one for the jetsetters of the world: the blue man-reading-passports emoji, officially named “Passport Control.” I guess the people of Twitter don’t care much about border security.
4. “Non-Potable Water” The #4 least-used emojis is the symbol for non-potable water–a black emoij with a white water faucet with a red X across it. “Don’t drink the water!” said almost no one ever on Twitter.
3. “Suspension Railway” The suspension is killing us… what is the #3 least-used emoji? It’s “suspension railway,” my friend, and it looks like a train car hanging from a track (or like, a gondola for you skiers out there). Now, we just need to come up with a scenario where one would need to be used…
2. “No Bicycles” Ah! This is the most surprising one on the list. With the amount of hate both drivers and pedestrians have for bikers, I am SHOCKED that the “no bicycles” emoji is not used more. You get off this time, cyclists. But just this once.
1. “Baggage Claim” Another travel-themed emoji that gets almost no love: the baggage claim symbol of a white luggage bag on a blue background. I guess everybody does carry-on these days.
So, there you have it–the least-used emojis. So–will you give them some extra love today?