Earth Day 2011 Roundup: The Lazy Girl's Guide To Using Your Green To Go Green
April 22, 2011
Didn’t get a change to plant a tree today? We know you’re busy, so we’ve rounded up some ways you can put your consumerism to good use. Alright, we admit it, we feel kind of hypocritical telling you to go out and purchase consumer items on Earth Day, but honestly, if you’re in the mood to spend some green today, why not do so on products that are well, green.
- Gilt Groupe has a selection of eco-themed products for sale today, curated by Lauren Bush.
- Juicy Couture will donate $1 for every pair of “Peony” sunglasses (which are made from 55% renewable plant material) they sell.
- Elizabeth Arden is giving away a free eco-friendly tote for every purchase of a product from their Green Tea line, plus free shipping when you enter the code “GREEN.”
- Origins is offering a free eco-friendly facial cleanser with any purchase of $30 or more, plus free shipping.
- Net-a-Porter‘s Runway to Green Collection is featured on the site today, which donates 10% of the proceeds to major environmental causes.
- Lavanila will plant one tree through the Nature Conservancy for every person who “likes” the brand’s Facebook page.