Apple has done it again! At today’s #AppleEvent, the company unveiled some seriously new technology and products that have people everywhere freaking out. Here’s what Tim Cook and his team presented at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium earlier today.
1. A new iPad called iPad Pro. The new iPad Pro features a larger 12.9-inch screen, a smart keyboard and a stylus called the Apple Pencil. There is also a 4-speaker audio system, which means there are speakers on all sides! This is perfect for those who enjoy watching movies and shows on their iPad. Users will also be able to use Microsoft and Adobe apps with the iPad Pro. The iPad Pro will be available in November and starts at $799. The Apple Pencil costs $99 and the smart keyboard costs $169.
2. Apple TV. The new remote for Apple TV has a touchpad and Siri built-in, which means you can use voice commands. Apple TV will also be focusing heavily on apps and features cool gaming technology similar to Nintendo Wii. Apple TV starts at $150 and will be available in October.
3. A new Apple Watch. The Apple Watch OS2 will launch September 16 and will be offered in gold and rose gold. There’s even been a collaboration with Hermes that will launch in October and come with an Hermes watch face and three Hermes-branded leather bands.
And last but not least…the iPhone 6S and the iPhone 6S Plus.
First things first, the rumors were true: the new iPhone is being offered in rose gold! Tim Cook is calling the iPhone 6S “the most advanced iPhones ever.”
Here’s what you need to know:
– They are made with a stronger alloy aluminum that Apple claims to be stronger so hopefully no #Bendgate will occur.
– 3D Touch technology lets you press down on the screen harder to trigger different functions in different apps. There is also tactile feedback that will probably send a vibration or a tap so you can “feel” the buttons.
– The new A9 chip is 70% faster than the last iPhone.
– You can talk to Siri whenever you want with the “always on” feature.
– The camera is now 12 megapixels instead of 8 megapixels, and there is 4K video capability. In addition, there is a 5-megapixel front-facing camera aka your selfie game just got stronger.
– Ability to create your own animated GIFs within the iPhone with Live Photos. “Apple extends the capture moment so it captures a photo just before and after you press the shutter.”
– New iPhones will start at $200 with a two-year contract for the 16GB model. However, Apple is offering an iPhone Upgrade Program for $32 a month that allows you to get a new iPhone each year.
– Preorder starts on September 12 and iOS 9 will be available for existing devices on September 16. New iPhones will be shipped to the U.S. and internationally on September 25.
I’ll give you a moment to soak it all in.