Imagine a life where highlights and haircuts with the world's top experts are free, where there is an endless supply of Crème de la Mer, where you leave work at 2 p.m. to get a massage or pedicure and your boss cheerfully tells you to have fun. Sound to good to be true? Well it is – except for the chosen few who have attained the coveted positions of beauty editors. Nadine Haobsh, a former beauty editor, is the author of Beauty Confidential – The No Preaching, No Lies, Advice-You'll-Actually-Use Guide To Looking Your Best. We are giving away copies to 5 lucky readers. In order to be considered, you have to write to us in the comments section and tell us what beauty essential you can't survive without.
As the intro of her book explains, some girls have all the luck – but Nadine has opted to use her powers for good, answering questions from what to tip your hair stylist to how red is too red for that vampy lipstick. Her candid personality and no-holds-barred style has helped ladies everywhere feel confident, gorgeous, and ready to take the beauty world by storm. Live like a beauty editor – we got the scoop on Nadine's top five beauty essentials she absolutely can't live without:
1. Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals Foundation: My number one, absolutely, positively cannot survive without it product. I have ruddy, sensitive skin that breaks out at the slightest provocation, so finding a foundation that covers up all my redness without making me break out was always impossible – until I found Bare Escentuals. It's weightless, so it doesn't have that heavy paint feeling, makes skin look airbrushed and flawless, doesn't make me break out (hallelujah!), and has SPF 15 – just as a bonus. I'm obsessed, obviously.
2. OC8: This oil control lotion goes over moisturizer and under foundation, and keeps skin 100% oil-free for 8 hours. It's not hype, it's not marketing, it simply works.
3. Lancome Definicils Mascara: This is the mascara for girls who actually like mascara – no wimpy, wet lashes here! (Yeah, Great Lash, I'm talking 'bout you.) It defines, it lengthens, it plumps, it won't clump or flake… need I go on?
4. Bond No. 9 New York Chinatown: I'm a scent junkie, so tying me down to one fragrance is like trying to get the high school quarterback to choose his favorite cheerleader. (Why pick just one when they're all yours for the taking?) This perfume is a true find, however: sexy, sultry, feminine, mysterious – a warm cocoon of sensuality. That's right…I'm finally a one-scent kind of gal.
5. NARS Orgasm: The best, most flattering blush in the history of the world. Period. (Okay, fine, you need more info? It gives you the perfect naughty, what-has-she-been-doing flush and looks great on all complexions.) Run, don't walk.
Win a copy of the book from SheFinds!
We are giving away copies to 5 lucky readers. In order to be considered, you have to write to us in the comments section and tell us what beauty essential you can't survive without. On Friday, we will choose the 5 winners!