Changing up your decor from one season to the next doesn’t have to feel like an episode of Extreme Home Makeover or break the bank. And that’s all thanks to HomeGoods, where you can find new and seasonal pieces from throw pillows to blankets and even furniture at prices you just can’t beat. With just one trip to your local store, you can get everything you need and once you get home, it won’t take long to style the items and see the difference.
Need some ideas on what to look for? Well, you’re in luck, because if there is one person that knows the ins-and-outs of shopping for decor at HomeGoods, it’s their style expert and interior designer, Natalie Kraiem. She shared 8 tips that will instantly upgrade your space for Fall and they even include some of this season’s trends. Check them out below!
- New color combinations. An easy way to transform your home for fall is to introduce new colors to your space. This season, one of my favorite color trends is to pair deep navy with burnt orange. These handcrafted woven nesting trays from HomeGoods are perfect to add some depth and warmth to your living room table, styling them together or separately–all for under $55.
- Jewel Tones. Dress up your home with vibrant jewel-tones to add a touch of elegance. An easy way to do so is with vases and HomeGoods has a wide selection of handmade pieces.
- Play with accessories. Add character to your space by weaving in a few signature pieces that speak to your personality. With items made by local artisans from around the world, HomeGoods has a variety of one-of-a-kind pieces to choose from, perfect for your coffee table or bookshelf.
- Mix metals. Silver and gold actually compliment each other more than you may think. If you’re looking to fill an empty space, try a gold stand and add one to two silver statement accessories to create an edgy yet glamorous moment.
- Simple swaps. Create a cozy and fall-esque atmosphere in your living room by swapping out summer linens for different colors and textures with your throw pillows and blankets as well as accent pieces.
- Lighting moments. Soften the lighting and set the mood in your home with a variety of candles and table lamps. These candleholders (only $16.99 at HomeGoods) are perfect for the mantle, adding height and warmth to your space.
- Bold prints. Don’t be afraid to mix and match bold prints as long as they fall within the same color scheme. Whether it be vibrant pink paisley throw pillows (less than $40 for the set) or a striking black & white decorative bowl, step outside your comfort zone and pick prominent patterns to complete your look.
- Use mirrors. When the weather gets colder, your space can naturally look a bit darker and moodier. Counteract this by incorporating mirrors throughout your home that reflect natural light. You can also use different shapes and finishes to add texture as well!