What: Alice + Olivia Sequined Dresses
Why: When oft nude celebrities like Paris Hilton and Vanessa Hudgins go ga-ga over a line of party frocks, it's time to take notice. (Normally they don't seem too enthusiastic about covering up.) And with good-girl gliterrati like Amanda Bynes, Jenny McCarthy, Blake Lively, and Hayden Panetierre also embracing the line, there's definitely some designer mojo going on. After all, this season's racks are chock-full of sequin dresses, but Alice & Olivia keeps appearing on the backs of starlettes in fashion glossies. Cynics, the line's prominence is not because of bribery or voodoo–it's good, old-fashioned style and quality construction. As an owner of an Alice & Olivia dress (and not an owner of a body like Paris or Hayden), I can attest to the dress' flattering fall and slimming silhouette.
So, participate in a sartorial threesome with Alice & Olivia.
1. Alice & Olivia Mirror Dress ($698): The newest addition to her line of party frocks, this black and silver dress lets a girl get her disco on in an easy-wear shift.
2. Alice & Olivia Palettes Dress ($389): Halters are wonderful for those with big and small busts alike. Use a convertible bra for necessary support and show off a feminine, graceful collarbone and the loveliness of exposed shoulder.
3. Alice & Olivia Beaded Tunic Dress ($485): For the embellishment conservatives or those who prefer their bling in small portions, this tunic is, in the words of Goldilocks, "just right." Tasteful and elegant, it shows how the sequin and palette trends can be interpreted for any age group or event.
4. Alice & Olivia Gold Sequin Racerback Dress ($485): The racerback of this frock adds a jaunty, sporty edge to its luxurious simplicity. A little bit mod, pair it with black opaque tights and ankle boots to evoke Sienna Miller. Or go classic cocktailing by wearing it with strappy heels. Either way, the gold sparkle will tint your night with a honeyed glow.
5. Alice & Olivia Bubble Dress ($298): A little more daring and urban, this navy and black poof dress keeps the shine at your chest and slims your hips in the process. You probably saw last year's incarnation of the style on celebrities including Nick Lachey's Vanessa Minnillo, and this year's version is sure to be a hit come party season also.
Trying to figure out how to complete your party outfit? The trick is in choosing the right accessories–and with dresses like this you'll want the earrings, rings, bracelets, and necklaces that work to disguise stubby fingers, thick wrists, and more. We've got them all in our guide to figure-flattering jewelry.