Exclusive! Teen Mom Farrah's Top 5 Summer Activity Checklist
July 19, 2011
Teen Mom’s Farrah Abraham catches a lot of heat from critics who claim she doesn’t spend enough time with Sophia. But we know the cameras only show a small portion of the teen mom spends her time, so this week we had Farrah share 5 things she loves doing with Sophia this summer. From arts and crafts to trips to the beach, it shouldn’t be all that surprising that she spends most of her time doing the same activities most other moms enjoy doing with their kids.
Here’s Farrah’s top 5:
1. “Summer is the best time to be outside and embrace nature, so I love taking Sophia to different parks. We always looks for playgrounds with swings, slides and climbing activities so she can play with new children.”
2. “The beach! Between the water, the sand and just playing with toys, our trips to the beach feel different every time. Sophia and I also love looking for seashells.”
3. “It’s important to me that Sophia isn’t afraid of animals, so I’ve been taking her on lots of animal rides. So far we’ve done camel rides and pony rides and it’s been fun to see Sophia interact with the difference animals.”
4. “I’ve always been into trying new food and I think it’s even more important now that I have Sophia. Once a week I look into a new eatery or restaurant, preferably that serves food from a different culture, and Sophia and I have fun trying new grub. I know I don’t want Sophia to have a closed-mind about different cultures and tastes, so I’m trying to expose her early in life.”
5. “I’m really into doing crafts at home now because they help foster creativity in Sophia. It’s also a great way to teach her about different textures, colors, and shapes. The last project we did was make stepping stones and it was great bonding experience for us. The next one I’m thinking about trying is making and decorating a purse for Sophia.”
Watch Farrah on Teen Mom Tuesdays at 10 p.m. EST on MTV. Follow her on Twitter @F1abraham.
Sign up for our newsletter to get even more finds delivered right to your inbox.