We knew it wouldn't stay gone forever. No matter how many semi-effective flu shots the docs can create, each year the awful flu always comes back to haunt us. Now that the return is official, however, there are a few things you can do to fend off the illness. (Thankfully, none of these requires a needle.)
1. Hate using slimy hand santizers? We do, too. Keep it clean with Hands2Go Foaming Instant Hand Sanitizer, an alcohol free cleanse-on-the-go for sensitive skin. Another great option is Clean Well's collection ofhand santizing products. Made using only natural products, the main ingredient is thyme, which means your hands will smell like a lovely herbal garden not a New Jersey chemical plant.
2. When you're trying to do away with germs, your toothbrush should probably be the 2nd place you hit after your hands. Just think–it's moist, sits out all day, and then you stick it in your mouth. Yuck. The VIOlight Toothbrush Sanitizer will put your worries to rest. It looks and functions as a toothbrush holder, but it also uses UV light to stop everything from the common cold to botulism.
3. Your local nail salon is not the place to let down your guard. Add a packet of Pediclear Spa Disinfectant to the water while you get a pedicure to ensure your tooties stay bacteria free.
4. Wearing one of those masks that popped up all over the news when SARS hit a few years ago may seem a bit overkill. But we totally get the sentiment. Instead of donning surgical paraphernalia, give your face some invisible protection with Dermalogica's Soothing Protection Spray. Simply spritz skin with this gentle spray after cleansing, and you'll have a full day's protection against germs, grit, and even pollution.
5. When all else fails, put your clothes to work. We'd suggest purchasing a pair of City Mitts, innovative antimicrobial gloves that not only protect your hands from straphanger's strep but also destroys any germs they encounters.
For more ideas on how to protect yourself this flu season, check out our germaphobe's guide to beauty products and clothing. We've got the best antibacterial cleansers, beauty accessories, clothing, and gadgets to put even the most paranoid women at ease.