What: The Surgery-Free Makeover: All You Need to Know for Great Skin and a Younger Face by Brandith Irwin, M.D.
Why: There are countless procedures at our fingertips these days, from face-lifts to butt-lifts to Botox to cheekbone injections. But for those of us not so inclined to go under the knife, what other options are there? Thanks to Dr. Brandith Irwin and her book The Surgery-Free Makeover, plenty thank you. The renowned dermatologist opens our eyes to the ways women can keep their skin looking youthful without invasive cosmetic procedures. Below are some product must-haves that Dr. Irwin has shared exclusively with SheFinds:
1. A great sunscreen worn daily will do more to save you from wrinkles and blotchiness than anything else you can do. Try Skin Medica Environmental Defense SPF 30 with 8% zinc or ColoreScience Sunforgettable Powder SPF 30 with 22% zinc and titanium. Both block UVA well.
2) A Vitamin A cream repairs existing sun damage and stimulates collagen production. Try Skin Medica Retinol Complex or prescription Renova. They have the added bonus of helping to prevent skin cancer.
3) Green tea extract – a great antioxidant helps prevent more sun damage. Try Replenix serum or cream with 90% polyphenols – these are the goodies in green tea. Each bottle is equal to about 500 cups of green tea.
4) Vitamin C serum – another great antioxidant helps prevent damage to the DNA in skin cells from the sun. Use only a high quality serum – either 15-20%. Try Cellex-C or Skin Medica Vit C Complex.
5) Cell growth factors like TNS Recovery Complex (Skin Medica) stimulate healthy cell turnover and a youthful glow.
SheFinds is giving away The Surgery-Free Makeover to 5 lucky readers! To enter this week's Freebie Friday, read the rules, then tell us in the comments section what products you swear by to keep your skin looking youthful and energized.
And if you can't wait to win, you can purchase Dr. Irwin's book right now on amazon.com.
1. Post in the comments section your product picks for keeping your skin radiant.
2. You must supply us with a valid email address and sign up for the SheFinds newsletter.
3. The contest starts now and entries must be date stamped by our server no later than Friday, Augutst 1st, 2008 at 11:59 AM Eastern Time to be eligible.
4. One winner will be selected during a random drawing and will be announced in the August 5th SheFinds newsletter. The winner must reply via email as instructed in the August 5th newsletter to claim the prize.
5. No prize substitutions.
6. You must be 18 years old or older to enter and a resident of the USA.
7. No purchase necessary.
8. Void where prohibited.
9. Click here for the full rules.
And check out MomFinds for a chance to win a $100 shopping spree at BusyMommi.com.