In my family, I've come to be known as the queen of Christmas gift wrapping. Nary a gift is placed beneath my tree without elaborate bows, cascades of curled ribbons, the most beautiful paper, and at least one festive tie-on. (And as proud as I am of my title, I'm a little ashamed to have also garnered a reputation as the one whose wrapping and tie-ons are often better than the actual gifts.) To me, wrapping is yet another way to show a person you were thinking of them. Paper becomes personal, tie-ons meaningful tokens that show you've been paying attention. Here are a few foolproof extras to surprise anyone on your list:
1. For your Girliest Gal Pals: The whimsical name of Bourjois' Kisses from Paris says everything about this fun, flirty lip gloss set ($18). Three interchangeable tubes of flatter-everyone gloss attach to a keychain, so your always-actvie friend, sister or niece can gloss up on the go.
Perfect paper pairing: Pink Bebop Snowflake wrap from Superior Gift Wrap
2. For your Foodie Friends: SleekStor's collapsable measuring cups and spoons ($20) are funky, jewel-toned kitchen necessities no domestic diva can do without. They're so stylish and sturdy, though, that they may inspire even your only-eats-Lean-Cuisine pals to tie on an apron and fire up the oven.
Perfect paper pairing: Rainbow Diamond wrap from the Container Store
3. For your Canine-loving Companions: Everyone's got at least one dog lover in her life, and these vibrant Wonder Stripe collars from Trixie & Peanut ($32) make perfect tie-ons for fans of man's best friend. If you don't want to go for the all-out puppy present, this is a nice way to acknowledge her furry friend without going overboard.
Perfect paper pairing: Golden Giver wrap from Whimsy Press
4. For your Luxe-Loving Ladies: The phrase "the best gifts come in small packages" most definitely alludes to jewelry, so you know you can never go wrong by adding a little extra glitter to your gifts. Forever 21's rhinestone cuff ($8) doubles as a blingy bow and will make your glamorous girlfriends buzz about what glorious goodies are inside.
Perfect paper pairing: Glazed & Confused wrap from Pop Ink
5. For your Most Charming Chums: Why not do as I do and make the tie-on the gift? Choose Coach's metallic leather star charm ($38) to hook onto the gifts of your choosiest friends. Your globe-trotting and purse-toting pals will appreciate the shiny take on a recognizable and timeless classic that adds a little glam to any strap or keychain.
Perfect paper pairing: Eieio Charm wrap at Luxe Paperie