Ahh, the holidays. So many parties, so little time. And so many gracious hosts to thank for getting you tipsy off eggnog and peppermint schnapps. So how do you show your appreciation? Why not flaunt your creative side and arrive looking fabulous with one of these unexpected gifts in tow.
1. Henri Bendel Candles ($30) bring a touch of elegance and warmth to any home. They come in an array of unusual scents like Fig and Pomegranate. And the box is almost as pretty as what’s inside.
2. Crystal bottle stoppers from Target ($19.99) are perfect for corking the leftover libations (not that there will be any). A crystal base holds a set of three, each with a chic, individual design.
3. Dean and Deluca Snacks on the Run ($18) are kitschy and fun gifts that beat the dreaded fruit cake in a tin. A package of three includes cashews, Swedish Fish, and decadent caramels.
4. The Family Dinner Box of Questions ($19.95) is great for those parties where the sounds of clinking silverware is louder than the conversation. The set consists of coaster-shaped cards, with each one posing a different question to the group, thanksfully ending the awkward silences between courses. It’s a great conversation starter, and can be used with friends, families, and perfect strangers alike. A portion of proceeds goes to the National Center on Addiction and Substance Abuse, so everyone will benefit from you thinking inside the box.
5. After running around like crazy catering to your every whim, your hostess will be in need of some post-party pampering. Show her your appreciation by arriving with H20 Hands and Feet Therapy Gift Set ($35). This will undoubtedly guarantee you an invite to next year’s bash.
For other unique gifts for busy women, be sure to check out some great deals we found plus the guide to getting the most coveted gadgets, fashion and beauty best sellers, and toys this season.