Based on the triumphs and tribulations of the one and only James Brown, it’s no surprise that Get on Up is one of the most anticipated movies of the summer. With an all-star cast, this drama takes a deep look into the life of James Brown as you get to experience the music and fashion throughout those decades.
We’ve been seeing the previews for a few weeks now and they’ve already inspired us to embrace iconic 60s-style skirts, colorful tunics and pretty printed scarves which is one of our favorite fashion moments.We have a feeling you’ll feel the same after seeing the film, so we went ahead and compiled some of our favorite Get On Up-inspired looks. Click through the slideshow to check them out, then be sure to leave your favorite James Brown song in the comments below to be entered to win a $100 Amex gift card. Oh, and most importantly, go see the movie this weekend!
1. To enter, you must supply us with a valid email address in the comments below and tell us what your favorite James Brown song.
2. The contest starts now and entries must be date stamped by our server no later than Friday, August 1st, 2014 at 11:59 AM Eastern Time to be eligible.
3. One winner will be selected during a random drawing and will be notified via e-mail and must respond as instructed to receive the prize.
4. No prize substitutions.
5. You must be 18 years old or older and a resident of the US to enter. Entries from the state of Florida are void.
6. No purchase necessary.
7. Void where prohibited.
8. Click here to see the full rules.
[Photo: courtesy of Universal Pictures]