Got Bumps? Savvy Shapewear To The Rescue
February 27, 2009
Wouldn't it be nice to live in a world where that skin-tight Prada dress looked absolutely perfect the minute you slipped it on? Or the waistband of those Acne skinny jeans caressed your stomach ever so gently without the slightest pinch? Yeah right. Unfortunately, the real world is full of fashion that pinches, pulls, and mocks even the slenderest of bodies. Which is why God created shapewear! Amen! Thanks to cellulite-sucking spandex and gravity-defying underwire, we are free to try out a variety of styles, all the while knowing our bodies will look their tightest and most fabulous. So here are our top 5 picks for the most effective shapewear that's sure to show that Prada who's boss.
1. The Spanx Bra-llelujah! Front-Close Underwire Bra ($62) achieves the ultimate feat of boob coverage – it gives support while providing optimum comfort and a flattering shape. Thanks again, Spanx.
2. To get full bra support, tame your midriff, and eliminate back bulge, try the Unbelievabra ($75), which has the appearance of a cami, but is capable of so much more.
3. For a strapless option, try the Sassybax Strapless Torso Trim ($75) under evening dresses and sexy halters.
4. A must-have for any pants ensemble, the Spanx Tight End Footless Tights Panty Hose ($26) smooth unwanted lines in the hip, thigh, and butt.
5. It might be hard to believe that amid all of this reducing shapewear, there's actually a product to add to your voluptuousness. Bubblebuns offers padded underwear ($34) that will give you some oomph where you have none.
And take a peek at Better TV for SheFindsMichelle's picks for best shapewear.