Hair extension expert Missy Ewart of South Beach’s Primp Salon & Hair Extension Boutique (celeb clients include Christine Teigen, Cindy Taylor, and Georgina Chapman) is all for using extensions for a flawless wedding look. Get yourself effortless hair with these thoughts from Missy in mind:
1. Experiment. The best time to begin experimenting with extensions is about a month before the wedding. This offers enough time to create your ideal look and see what your desired length and texture will be for the big day.
2. Go for human hair over synthetic. Human hair extensions can last up to 2 months, and are most natural looking and easier to maintain than other types.
3. Break old habits. Never go to bed with your hair wet and sleep with your hair pulled back in a little pony tail, which protects the area where the extensions are attached and, more importantly, prevents tangling.
4. You can and should brush them. Be sure to brush a few times a day from the ends up, being careful not to pull the tape or the fastener to keep extensions from tangling.
5. Follow new styling rules. Switch to sodium-chloride and sulfate-free hair products to prevent the bond between your natural hair and the extensions from stripping. Keep conditioners and styling products away from the fasteners as well.
6. Consider clip-on’s for instant length: This type of extension is available in stores and is an affordable way to get added length in an instant.
Now that you’ve got the hair, get the accessories! Start with our guides on netted wedding veils, the best wedding headbands, and floral hair accessories.