HeFinds Guy Friday: How To Get The Perfect Shave
August 20, 2008
Check out these tips from Anthony Sosnick, the grooming guru behind Anthony Logistics for Men, on what every guy needs to know about how to achieve the perfect shave.
1. Start with a clean face. Apply Glycolic Facial Cleanser ($18) or Algae Facial Cleanser ($20) to damp skin. Use warm water soften the beard and prepare the skin for shaving. Both cleansers buff away dirt and oil, which allows your razor to glide more easily against the skin. Rinse with warm water and leave wet.
2. Apply a thin layer of the Pre Shave Oil ($18) to soften the beard and add more glide to the razor. The Shave Cream ($15) or Shave Gel($14) is applied over the oil in an even thin layer.
3. Shave in the direction of the beard growth. Shaving in the shower or applying a warm towel prior to shaving will help soften the beard.
4. Rinse your face with cool water and gently pat your face dry. Do not rub.
5. Finish your shave by applying Aftershave Balm ($18) to keep your skin soft and hydrated, or Razor Burn Repair ($22) to soothe and calm razor burn. Your girlfriend will thank you. Make Life Easy: Get The Perfect Shave Kit that includes everything you need for the perfect shave for just $50.