In conjunction with Better.tv, we’re giving away a TRIA laser hair removal system ($795) this week! TRIA is the only FDA-cleared laser hair removal device you can use at home – with results similar to those you’d get at a professional’s office.
To enter, just leave a comment below about your favorite beauty secret. Though we’re betting that if you win, it’ll soon be your fabulous new TRIA.
Interested in more high-tech beauty? There are a bunch of products out now that go way beyond collagen and peptides.
On the anti-aging front, both Omnilux New-U ($299) and Tanda ($275 – and there’s also one to fight acne) use LED light technology to improve the tone and texture of skin, and they’re safe and completely simple to use on your own. A vote of legitimacy: The company that makes the Omnilux New-U also makes several more-intense versions of the product for use in doctors’ offices.
Luster 1-Hour White ($40) also uses light, but to whiten teeth – in one hour (!). The kit comes with the light device, plus a whitening gel and a rinse to help the process along. NuFace Anti-Aging ($325) uses an entirely different technology – gentle “micro-current impulses” – to diminish fine lines, wrinkles, and the like.
For a great at-home hair removal kit, the Shobha Sugaring Kit ($30) covers everything. It includes all-natural, non-smelly, professional- grade Shobha Talc-Free Powder for pre-treatment, Shobha Spatulas for application, Shobha Sugaring Gel and Denim Strips for hair removal, and a Shobha Sugaring Instruction Booklet.
This Schick Intuition Plus Razor ($9.99) may look like a basic razor, but it actually dispenses shave gel as you glide it up your legs. The Venus Breeze Razor ($10.99) also dispenses shave gel and rich body butters each time you use it.
1. Post a comment about your favorite beauty secret.
2. You must supply us with a valid email address and sign up for the SheFinds newsletter.
3. The contest starts now and entries must be date stamped by our server no later than Wednesday, September 23rd, 2009 at 11:59 AM Eastern Time to be eligible.
4. One winner will be selected during a random drawing. The winners will be contacted and must reply via email as instructed in the newsletter to claim the prize.
5. No prize substitutions.
6. You must be 18 years old or older to enter and a resident of the USA.
7. No purchase necessary.
8. Void where prohibited.
9. Click here for the full rules.
10. Specific prize subject to availability.