Beach days are so close I can hear them calling my name–and although I’ll probably only make it to the shore a few times this summer, I plan to rock tousled, chic, beachy waves from June-September.
I’m an absolute fool with a curling iron–at best, I magically manage not to hurt myself, at worst, I singe off the bottom 2 inches of my tips and am left with an iron-burn resembling a giant hickey–so over the years, I’ve perfected a curling-iron free method of obtaining “Who, me? Oh yes, I just got back from a week in Montauk” hair with minimal effort and exposure to tools that can hurt me.
I will assume you are as hair-challenged as I, and break it down for you in baby steps:
1. Skip day of washing hair. If you’re anything like me, this should be easy enough, and beachy waves look better when they’re not freshly-washed.
2. Wet hair slightly.
4. Braid into 3-5 small braids and spray with texturing hairspray like Aussie Scrunch Spray.
5. Find something to do for 20 minutes while your hair sets. I prefer: makeup, snacking, or an episode of How I Met Your Mother (or, you can skip 5 and go straight to 6)…
6. Blowdry braids on medium heat.
7. Unravel braids, and continue to blowdry upside down, spritzing a bit of extra salty spray and texturing hairspray.
8. Apply dry shampoo such as Oscar Blandi Dry Shampoo at your roots and…
9. Ta-da! You have gorgeous Gisele waves, and you haven’t risked third-degree burn to get them. PARTY TIME.