There's nothing that irks us more than gorgeous, 30-something women dressing like teenagers. Case in point: Kate Beckinsale's schoolgirl throwback outfit at a Burberry event. In our book, a 34-year-old woman, even one as fit as this actress, should steer clear of anything midriff-baring, especially when paired with a Britney Spears-esque plaid mini. Yuck.
What really irks us is that Burberry boasts some of the most stylish designs around. Whether you're normally big spender (you listening, Kate?) or are looking for one great investment piece, the British design house has got you covered. In the hopes that none of our readers would ever mimic Ms. Beckinsale's fashion faux-pas, we're passing on five of our favorite age-appropriate looks.
1. This classic black dress ($695) incorporates current trends with an empire waist and bell sleeves. Great for now, equally chic for years to come.
2. The Burberry trench never goes out of style, but neither will this amazing double-breasted coat ($1,195) in winter white. We are especially loving the belt detail–accentuates the waist even when you're all bundled up!
3. A staple of every wardrobe–the classic Burberry cashmere scarf ($250).
4. Stylish and comfortable, these quilted patent ballet flats ($475) go everywhere from the office to girl's night out.
5. A patent leather wristlet ($225) puts the finishing touch on any evening's outfit.