Here's How You Can Clean Those Nike Sneakers
August 25, 2017
Endlessly wearing those Nike sneakers out and about is a sure way to get them dirty (and not to mention, smelly). Your shoes are probably in pretty good shape if you’re lucky enough to be strutting along in a darker colored pair. You’ll for sure need some cleaning help if that’s not the case with your lighter colored pair of shoes. Right now, you’re probably wondering what’s the best way to clean sneakers. So, it looks like it’s time to get scrubbing after a long summer of just you and your Nikes.
Thankfully, Nike’s sneaker cleaning tips are a major help when it comes to removing dirt from your favorite sneakers. According to the brand, you can follow five simple steps to make your shoes look brand new.
1) For starters, you should be using a soft-bristled brush to get rid of any excess dirt.
2) Mix warm water and a tiny bit of laundry detergent to make a soapy mixture that won’t damage your shoes.
3) Use the mixture to wipe away any grimy marks.
4) Be sure to remove lingering detergent from your Nikes, too.
5) You can then finally let them air dry so they’re ready to be worn (and get dirty) the next day.
If you’re not so concerned about the dirt on the outside of your shoes but rather the inside dirt, we still have you covered. There’s not much worse than that smelly odor that releases when you kick off those sneakers. The same Nike cleaning tips for the outer surface of your shoes suggest focusing on the insole of your shoe to get rid of any smells. Simply follow the same tips for cleaning the outside of your sneaker, but use the cleaning mixture on your insole instead this time.
1) Mix warm water and a small amount of laundry detergent to create a soapy mixture.
2) Use the mixture to clean the inside sole of your sneaker.
3) Air dry the insoles and give them plenty of time to dry to prevent yourself from stepping into a soggy mess.
Now, if your sneakers are really dirty, you can always turn to your washing machine for help. According to Esquire, you can choose to machine wash your sneakers pretty quickly and easily. There are important tips to remember if you do decide to take this step rather than cleaning them yourself, however.
1) Put your sneakers in the machine with other soft items, like towels and sweatshirts, to prevent damage.
2) Lay back on using lots of detergent.
3) Set the machine on a gentle cycle with cold water.
Following these simple tips will have your Nike sneakers super clean in little to no time! I mean I get it, sometimes you just can’t ditch your trusty white Roshes for a new pair. Why would you? Worn-in sneakers are the most comfortable, and you don’t have to worry about pesky blisters that often come with a new pair of shoes.
If you do happen to be on the hunt for some new shoes for the fall, however, look no further. We have the best pair of sneakers for you in mind. Check out these sneakers every editor wants this year.