How To Fake A Full Night's Rest With Makeup
June 22, 2015
Truth be told, we don’t always have the luxury of getting a full-nights sleep. Between parties, dates and work projects, eight hours each night isn’t always possible. Yes, getting enough sleep is the most basic beauty tip there is, but let’s get real: it doesn’t always happen.
Lucky for us, a bit of makeup can disguise even the longest of nights. While you shouldn’t use these tips as an every day fix–you should sleep some time–they can certainly help out in a pinch, like you’ve spent all night working on a presentation and have to show it in the AM.
1. Don’t stop with concealer. Wait–you’re probably thinking that concealer should be the MVP of your beauty routine after a particularly long night, but not quite; even the best concealer can use a little boost. Conceal any blemishes that you might have, but use a shimmery highlight to further mask those gnarly undereye bags.
2. Look into the light. While the temptation might be to opt for moody, dark shadows, your best bet is actually to go with fun, brighter colors to brighten your eyes. Shimmery champagne shades, like Buxom Eyeshadow in Silk Sheets, work wonders.
3. Go for the curl. A curled lash gives the illusion of a more awake eye. Be sure to use your favorite eyelash curler prior to applying mascara for awake and alert eyes.
4. Use pearl eyeliner. You’re probably familiar with the white eyeliner trick for more awake eyes, but white liner can sometimes look a little–dare I say it?–obvious. Instead, go for either a matte nude liner on your waterline, or use a pearly champagne color for a tad bit more oomph. I love using the Pixi Silky Eye Pen in OysterGlow for this.
5. Give your brows a boost. Brows can instantly take your look from “blah” to “bombshell,” so be sure to give them the screentime they deserve. Define your arch and add a bit of a shimmery highlighter right at your browbone for defined, sexy eyes.
6. Get flushed. A bit of color on your cheeks can go a long way: it’ll make you look perkier and more functioning (and less, well, asleep). Try a peachy-pink shade, like cult-favorite NARS Orgasm or Bare Escentuals Vintage Peach.