SHEfinds receives commissions for purchases made through the links in this post.
Shaving our legs must be one of the most obnoxious elements of the female experience. First off, it takes a lonnng time. Wake up late on the first warm day of the year, no time to give your hairy winter-suited legs the attention they deserve? You have two options: wear PANTS, even though you’ve been doin’ that all winter long and you’re SO SICK OF THE MONOTONY, or bare the shame of unsightly leg hair. Uggghhhh. Lose-lose situation.
Now that spring is coming/here (we think/hope), we’re dreading the shaving season ahead. Deep-cuts, stubbly calves… IT’S A NIGHTMARE. But it doesn’t have to be! With these tips, you can bare your legs with a minimal amount of pain and effort!
Okay, here it goes:
- If it’s been a while since your last shave, try to buzz the bulk of the hair off before you step foot in the tub. This way you’ll save your razor from frequent hair clots and make sure that you don’t leave any glaring Sasquatch-like spots of leg hair (been there…).
- Splurge for a razor with three or more blades. As tempting as it is to grab the CVS bargain bundle razors for $3, they are KILLING your shaving game. Not only are they cutting up your legs like crazy, but they are totally slowing down the process. With a three-blade razor, you don’t have to rinse the blades nearly as often as the single or double blade variety. Less start-and-stop will speed up your shave and ensure that it’s more thorough!
- Opt for warm water, NOT HOT. Warm water opens your pores, allowing the hair to soften — hot water closes them.
- Don’t go overboard with shaving cream. It’s pretty fun to lather your legs up to the nines, but it’s also pretty impractical. A thin coat of cream allows you to keep track of which areas of your leg you’ve already shaved, which is essential in saving time and avoiding knicks.
- Use short strokes! Those damn Venus commercials made shaving look so glamorous and simple — just one long stroke from ankle to knee. Reality is not a Venus commercial. Short strokes are your key to the closest, quickest, knick-free shave.
Don’t forget to check out: Ran Out Of Shaving Cream? Try Using This Instead and Here’s The One Thing You Should Never Do When Shaving Your Legs