Sure, there are tons of frizz-fighting styling products to choose from, but what about hairstyles to match? The humid days of summer are here (for better or for worse), and this week, we’ve been frantically searching for ways to style our hair on the muggiest of days. That’s where street style stars come in – they have to be camera-ready at all times, and damn those girls know their way around a styling tool. Luckily, you don’t have to be a curling iron pro to be able to steal their looks; from braided updo’s to natural curls that become more voluptuous in the heat, we’ve rounded up 10 flattering and super-easy hairstyles to try out for summer. Before you check out the slideshow above, be sure to scope out the tips below for products you’ll need to complete these looks:
1. Dry shampoo is a must for keeping your roots non-greasy looking between shampooing. Try Batiste Dry Shampoo ($8), which comes in a few yummy smelling scents.
2. Grab yourself some salt spray, right now! We heart Bumble & Bumble Surf Spray ($25). It will give you the perfect textured hair to achieve these looks.
3. If you’re rocking a ponytail or a braid, be sure to grab hair ties that won’t get tangled or leave creases. Trying to get an elastic band out of salty, texturized hair can be a challenge (I speak from experience here!).
4. If you need extra hold, opt for a climate control hairspray such as Living Proof Humidity Blocking Flexible Hairspray ($14).
5. Get a kick a*s hair masque or conditioner that will help revive locks from styling and humidity. Try this Ojon Damage Reverse Restorative Hair Treatment ($33).