Getting ready to face the elements during winter can feel a bit repetitive. You have your go-to coat, your trusty scarf, your reliable gloves, and your fail-safe beanie that you wear every. single. day. If you want to get out of your cold weather style slump, then have some fun with your beanie. It’s a winter accessory you can mix and match through the season—and get away with wearing indoors too. Just follow our style tips below and shop our slideshow of beanies to get your new one now.
1. Perfect the slouch. It takes time to master the art of wearing a beanie because it should lay on your head just so in a cool and effortless way. When putting it on, pull it halfway down your forehead, then pull it slightly back from the crown of your head.
2. Cuff it up. If you don’t want the slouchy look then you can always cuff your beanie so it fits snug against your head.
3. Embrace the pom-pom. This design detail went from childish to chic this season. You can find beanies sporting pom-poms in lush furs now, making the knit versions seem just as luxe.
4. Make a statement. Use your beanie to show off a pop of color or fun print. And if you think you’ve had enough, you can always take it off.
5. Style your hair. You can have as much fun styling your hair as you do wearing your beanie. Whether it’s peek-a-boo bangs, a side braid, or lush waves, your beanie will serve as the perfect accent to an amazing hair day.
[Photo: Cheetah is the New Black]