How To Wear White Shoes When It's Not Your Wedding Day
June 12, 2013
White shoes seem like kind of an oxymoron, right? Shoes in general tend to lose their original shine after a few wears, and white shoes are no exception. So you’re probably wondering why I’m even telling you how to wear them. This footwear, generally labeled as tacky, is actually making waves in the fashion world. White shoes have been spotted everywhere, from runway shoes to the feet of celebrities and street style stars. Even though white shoes make us all think of nurses and brides, there are other ways to wear them. Here’s how:
- Look for white shoes in styles other than a closed toe pump. Go for edgier designs with pointy tips and metal accents.
- Make sure the heel is stacked so they don’t look like wedding shoes.
- Wear white shoes as a neutral by keeping the rest of your outfit darker colors.
- For summer, try an all white ensamble for a fresh, clean look.
- Most importantly, keep them clean. Hand wash shoes with a mild mix of water, dish detergent and a litte bleach.
Click the slide show of awesome white shoes we love for some shopping inspiration.