I'm not the only one who wandered into Target a week after the Proenza Schouler launch only to find the racks picked bare. And at the launch of M for Madonna I battled it out with the crowds to snag one of the coveted pieces only to return home frustrated and empty-handed. Don't let the season's hottest trends pass you by. Get what's hot this season with these tips:
1. Sign Up to Newsletters & RSS Feeds: For example, Steve & Barry's newsletter will probably give a heads-up on Sarah Jessica Parker's new "Bitten" line. Also sign up for the SheFinds RSS newsletter and blog feed for more fashion news on the latest trends delivered straight to you daily.
2. Pre-Order: Not sure you'll love the product? No need to worry if the Web site allows returns (usually a month to 90 days is normal). Or you can always resell it, especially if it's a limited edition item. Just see how this Proenza Schouler Silk Blue Bustier is pulling in a 20% profit at eBay.
3. Check ShopLocal.com: Get what's hot by going to ShopLocal.com on the eve of any launch for details on where a product is for sale online or in-store.
4. Go Rural: Avoid insane in-store shopping by taking a little day or weekend trip out of town. Getting away from a metropolitan area can make all the difference in whether or not you'll be able to snag those new Abaete Ana Maria Flats. No store nearby? With cases like M by Madonna, eBay may be your only option.
5. Your tips and tricks? Tell us how you get your hands on the latest trends by posting below.