Some questions I have regarding this fall’s poncho trend:
1. What do I wear underneath? A coat? A heavy sweater?
2. What occasion is best suited to wear my poncho? Work? Brunch? A long flight?
3. How exactly do I wear the thing? Wrap it like I’m wearing a blanket? Just kinda let it hang there?
4. What do I do with my arms? Keep them down? Hold them up to ensure my poncho doesn’t slide?
5. What bag do I wear with a poncho? One with a shoulder strap? Do I wear it under or over the poncho?
All of these extremely valid dilemmas aside, I really want a poncho this season. Okay, truth be told, I already have a poncho–I purchased the TOMS for Target one at 8am at my local store. But for the last few weeks it’s just been hanging on my closet door because I can’t figure how or when to wear the darn thing.
And as illogical as it sounds, I want another one. I am committed to learning just how to pull one of these things off, which totally justifies getting two (right?).
Love the look of ponchos, as well? (Especially that monogrammed Burberry one shown above that everyone from Sarah Jessica Parker to Olivia Palermo owns?) We rounded up the best options out there. So whether or not you know how to wear on just yet, click through the to shop this season’s cutest capes and ponchos.
PS: If you do know how to pull off a poncho, help a girl out with some pointers in the comments!
[Photo: Splash News]