There Is Now A Group Coupon For Space Travel. What.
July 26, 2011
$15,000 off. Now that’s a discount.
As someone who wakes up to no less than 10 group coupon-related emails every morning, I honestly thought I’d seen it all. From plastic surgery, to sky diving, to Lasik eye surgery, I am constantly baffled by the procedures and experiences people are willing to have discounted. But I’m sorry, space travel?
This deal on Tripalertz.com offers $15,000 off “an epic journey to space” (I smell a frat bro copywriter…), with a required deposit of $20,000. According to the site, this is what’s included in the $80,000 fee:
- Five-night stay @ Sanctuary Camelback Mountain Resort during training & preparation
- $5,000 TripCash to first 25 buyers (for on-board refreshments? Freeze-dried ice cream?)
- Medical evaluation and screening (oh, good)
- Cancellation insurance policy (needing more description here…)
- Personalized high definition DVD recorded by onboard cameras along with stellar mementos (again, can I see a footnote for “stellar mementos”?)
- Admiration from all earth’s creatures. (alright, that’s the kicker for me. I’m in.)
Just wish there was some kind of extraterrestrial sighting guarantee…
Follow the author of this post on twitter @shefindschar.