The more you know, the better you live and look. According to holistic beauty expert, Kat James, beauty is not about hard work after all if you have the right tools. In her book, The Truth About Beauty: Transform Your Looks And Your Life From The Inside Out , Kat gives you the tools you need to look and feel your best. And she's not talking about the 'it' lipstick or the latest retinol night cream. Kat's all about the natural approach, insisting that everything a gal needs to be beautiful starts from the inside. We are giving away copies to 5 lucky readers. In order to be considered, you have to write to us in the comments section and tell us the one organic beauty product you love and why it's better than those mainstream cosmetic brands.
Here are Kat's top five holisitc beauty and body favorites that will keep you healthy, happy, and loving life.
1. Natural baby wipes, such as those by Seventh Generation cleanse skin without destroying its protective lipid barrier. And they cost a fraction of those fancy cleansers.
2. Lavender essential oil purifies skin, calms the nerves (we could all use a little de-stressing), and can be used instead of perfume in the bath.
3. A high quality fish oil supplement such as Nordic Naturals calms inflammation throughout the body, brings lubrication back to the skin and hair (the book goes into great scientific detail there), lifts moods, and even aids weight loss (fish oil helps increase insulin sensitivity in the cells, which means less fat storage). It won't replace your gym membership, but every little bit helps.
4. Seaweed skin serum perks up and regenerates the skin without harsh exfoliants. Bioactive Marine Complex is the most high-end, concentrated, and pure one. A more affordable option would be Vegecell by Aubrey Organics.
5. High end mineral makeup by Jane Iredale, especially the Circle Delete concealer, is one of the most therapeutic and sophisticated in color of the natural cosmetics. The powder foundations are available in gold-tinged shades that celebrity clients love when no other natural makeup cuts it.
Win a copy of the book from SheFinds!
We are giving away copies to 5 lucky readers. In order to be considered, you have to write to us in the comments section and share with us an organic product you love. On Friday, we will choose the 5 winners!
And check out author Nadine Haobsh's Top 5 Beauty Essentials for a chance to win a copy of her book, Beauty Confidential.