Last night Bravo premiered fashion PR superstar, Kelly Cutrone’s new reality show, Kell On Earth. True to the show’s namesake (and Kelly’s tough love reputation), Cutrone tells it like it is dispensing valuable tidbits of knowledge for anyone working in a stressful work environment. Kelly-isms abound throughout last night’s episode, but her quick delivery and wit made some of her advice a little difficult to comprehend. We’ve translated all her best lines and words of wisdom so you can abide by the book of Kelly.
- “No crying in the office. If you have to cry go outside” – Kelly’s number one rule (and the name of her recently released book) means keep a professional poker face on at all times while in the workplace.
- “This is not group therapy, so get over it” Complaining will get you nowhere fast.
- “Ball-busting Power Girl” – Her work self; independent, dedicated, hardworking and demanding.
- People who are “In the game”– The select fashion and celeb elite who sit in rows one, two, or three at fashion shows. They are the only people who matter in fashion: they are in the game. Everyone else, even if you’re at the shows, is not.
- “Door Bitch”– Members of Kelly’s PR team who man the strict guest lists outside the fashion week tents. If you try to sneak into a show produced by People’s Revolution, you just may encounter this ferocious breed of female.
Get Kelly’s look by dressing the part of a fashion industry pro by day, and playful single mom by night. Said her 7 year old daughter, Ava, “I don’t want to dress up for the third row,” when her mother told her she would be sitting third row at that evening’s fashion show. When you share the same blood as Kelly Cutrone, you learn how to speak your mind, even if you’re still in elementary school.
At work layers of comfy black on black on black are Kelly’s go-to uniform. Go for basic yet fine quality pieces that can be worn an endless amount of times. Add a pair of super high heels and you’re ready to take command of any tough situation that comes your way.
In her down time, Kelly takes it easy in flowing printed tunics or caftans in dark colors and earth tones. Pair it with large colored lens sunglasses that are perfect for hiding your emotions while inside tense fashion tents.