With Christmas just a few weeks away, you’ve (hopefully) started buying and wrapping all the gifts you plan to send out this year. But if you’re a notorious procrastinator, you’ll want to listen up. Here, we’re uncovering the Christmas shipping deadlines for a variety of carriers and popular retailers you’ll want to meet to ensure your friends and loved ones get their special packages by December 25. At this point, you won’t want to wait too long!
Amazon recently revealed its holiday shipping deadlines on its website. Non-Prime members will have to pay for timely shipping after Dec. 16, with standard shipping available only for orders made by Dec.18. Meanwhile, Prime members will get free shipping up until Christmas Eve.
- Free shipping: Friday, Dec. 15
- Standard shipping: Monday, Dec. 18
- Two-Day (Free with Prime): Friday, Dec. 22
- One-Day: Saturday, Dec. 23
- Same-Day Delivery (Free with Prime): Sunday, Dec. 24 by 9:30 a.m. (local time)
- Two-Hour Delivery (Free with Prime): Sunday, December 24 by 9:45 p.m. (local time)
For USPS, the last day to get standard shipping rates is 11 days before Christmas. Prices go up from there as you get closer to the holiday, with the last possible day to ship being Dec. 22.
- Standard Ground: Thursday, Dec. 14
- First Class Mail: Tuesday, Dec. 19
- Priority mail: Wednesday, Dec. 20
- Priority mail Express: Friday, Dec. 22
While USPS is probably a more economical option, their reliability often pales compared to UPS in guaranteeing that your package is not delayed or lost. If you decide to choose the latter method, here are the UPS shipping deadlines you need to know about:
- Normal pickup and delivery service: Tuesday, Dec. 19
- UPS 2nd Day Air: Wednesday, Dec. 20
- UPS Next Day Air: Friday, Dec. 22
If you’re really a last-minute kind of gal, FedEx offers a variety of shipping options all the way until Christmas Eve.
- FedEx Ground: Friday, Dec. 15
- FedEx Express Saver: Tuesday, Dec. 19
- FedEx 2-Day: Wednesday, Dec. 20
- FedEx Standard Overnight, Priority Overnight, First Overnight: Thursday, Dec. 21
- FedEx SameDay (Priority): Monday, Dec. 25
Best Buy hasn’t released isn’t Christmas shipping deadlines yet, but the store has revealed its dates to ship in time for Hannukah.
- Free standard shipping for music, movie and large home delivery items: Dec. 4 by 10:30 a.m. CST
- Free standard shipping for most items: Dec. 5 by 10:30 a.m. CST
- Same-Day Delivery: Tuesday, Dec.12 by 3 p.m. (local time)
- In-Store Pickup: Tuesday, Dec. 12 by 7 p.m. (local time)
While JCPenney also hasn’t released its Christmas shipping deadlines yet, based off last year’s deadlines, these are the dates you’ll want to keep in mind:
- Standard shipping: Dec. 18
- Express shipping: Dec. 20 by 12 p.m. CST
- Next-day air shipping: Dec. 21 by 12 p.m. CST (must order $49 minimum)
The popular retailers’ deadlines are as follows:
- Free standard shipping: Dec. 15 by 4 p.m. CST (must order $25 minimum)
- Standard shipping: Dec. 19 by 4 p.m. CST
- Premium shipping: Dec. 21 by 4 p.m. CST
Both standard and premium shipping options at Macy’s end on Dec. 20.
- Free standard shipping: Dec. 20 by 5 p.m. CST (must order $99 minimum)
- Premium shipping: Dec. 20 by 5 p.m. CST
Have some toys you need to send out this year? Make sure to read up on these shipping deadlines so little Timmy will get his Hatchimals Surprise or Wowee Fingerlings in time for Christmas!
- Free economy shipping: Dec. 18
- Expedited shipping: Dec. 20 by 3 p.m.
- Express shipping: Dec. 20 by 11 p.m.
For even more amazing holiday tips, check out how to How To Host A Re-Gift Swap Party and 5 Hacks That Will Forever Change The Way You Shop At Lush.