Whether you’re dreading the cooling temps or gleefully reaching for that signature pumpkin spice latte (grande, please), fall is almost upon us. And that only means one thing for shoe-obsessed shoppers everywhere: boot season is finally here!
Yes, it’s time to start breaking out your favorite boot styles to mix and match with your fall wardrobe. But if you’re like me, then your closet could probably use a serious boot refresher. After all, there are so many new trends to try
Not sure which styles you should be rocking this season? No problem. We’re giving you the complete guide to what styles you must have this fall and how to wear them. Make sure you stock your shoe arsenal with these keepers ASAP, as you’ll be strutting in these boot staples all season long.
1. Statement Ankle Booties. If there’s one pair that you need above all else, it’s these! Ankle booties are the perfect height to wear with just about everything in your closet, be it a dress or skinny jeans. This season, choose a statement making pair (leopard print, anyone?!) that will easily jazz up a classic black dress or work trousers.
2. Wedge Booties. When looking for a combination of comfort and style, wedge booties hit the mark. Grab a black or tan pair to put into your shoe rotation, as they are the perfect accessory when looking to dress up a skirt or sweater dress.
3. Slouchy Boot. Don’t be fooled by the name. The slouch boot is anything but lazy fashion. Take advantage of these stunners by putting them together with an oversized sweater and leggings for a super stylish look.
4. Over-The-Knee Boot. If you’re looking to add some flare to your wardrobe, consider a leg-lengthening over-the-knee boot. Perfect for fall weather, try matching a pair with a midi dress for a perfect fall ensemble.
5. Riding Boots. Talk about a classic! When the weather gets cooler, riding boots are a must. But they are best paired with jeans for an effortless, everyday look. Also great to wear with leggings, you can dress them up or down depending on your mood.
[Photo: Sole Society]
The editors at SHEfinds wrote this blog post on behalf of Sole Society and received compensation as part of our agreement.