Want to know what the elite beauty experts think about sunless tanning? How about what top pros recommend for combatting stretch marks? Instead of browsing through endless copies of Cosmo, Nada Manley has made it easy for you by gathering the advice and recommendations of the top industry experts in her book, Secrets of the Beauty Insiders. An expert herself, Nada has written over 1,000 articles on fashion and beauty, doling out advice to the masses on the most flattering makeup to the most effective skincare. Need some expert advice on Spring looks? Below are Nada's Top 5 Spring Beauty Trends You Can Take to the Street. We are giving away copies of Nada's book to 5 lucky readers. In order to be considered, you have to write to us in the comments section and tell us what hot beauty trend you'll be rocking this Spring.
1. A Powerful Pout: Say goodbye to gloss. The most glamorous lips on the runway sported the types of colors we haven’t seen in years: ravishing red, fantastic fuchsia, and outrageous orange. Dare to wear this trend? Pick a color that complements your skin tone for a more subtle look, or a contrasting color for a more shocking look. This look requires time and precision, not a slipshod coat of color applied in the car. Line lips and fill in completely, then blot and reapply color for a long-lasting effect. Both matte and gloss finishes are hot, so pick your favorite, and keep the rest of the face simple yet polished. SheFinds suggests Smashbox Photo Finish Lipstick in fierce shades like Stunning, Legendary, and Lavish.
2. Lips That Don’t Shout: Can’t see yourself in brightly colored lips? Then the season’s other lip trend might appeal to you – soft, pale, barely-there lip color, again done in either matte or gloss versions. Look for beiges or pinks that are a few shades lighter than your lip color. Warm up the rest of the face with a rosy blush and a couple of coats of mascara to avoid appearing washed out. SheFinds suggests NARS Lip Gloss in Striptease or Greek Holiday.
3. Messy Tresses: Late sleepers, rejoice. Bedhead is back, and it’s better than ever. Tousled tresses suited the romantic, girly mood of spring, and, as we all know, are very easy to pull off. To pull this look off, everything else should be polished and perfect: beautiful clothing, artfully-applied makeup, manicured nails. Otherwise you’ll risk looking slovenly instead of sexy. SheFinds suggests L'Oreal Out Of Bed Weightless Texturizer to perfect the not-so-perfect look.
4. The Big Bouffant: At the other extreme, some designers showed hair that was piled high and styled in true retro fashion. Avoid a costumey effect by pairing old-fashioned hair with very modern clothes and makeup. A true bouffant should be reserved for evening; daytime calls for subtler versions, such as a sleep updo worn a bit higher on the crown. SheFinds suggests Rusk BloFoam Root Lifter to get the volume you need for those out-there bouffants.
5. The Island Glow: The quintessentially spring, tropical vibe took off on a few runways, where golden girls ruled. Easy to pull off and almost universally flattering, it’s spring’s answer to an effortless daytime face. Switch blush for bronzer and swipe a shimmery, coppery hue on the lids for an easy, breezy sun-kissed look, without any skin-damaging exposure. SheFinds suggests Bare Escentuals Faux Tan All-Over Face Color for a quick, easy tan in a jar.
Win a copy of the book from SheFinds!
We are giving away copies to 5 lucky readers. In order to be considered, you have to write to us in the comments section and share with us what Spring beauty trend you'll be stealing from the catwalk. On Friday, we will choose the 5 winners!