About this time every spring, HR sends out a reminder about proper office attire, and the shoe rules are longer and more vague than any other section:
- If shoes are “strappy” the straps cannot be narrower than one inch
- Either the toe or the heel must be covered at all times
- Do not wear anything that impedes your ability to walk around the office safely
Whatever the cause, I’ve made finding cute, office-rule-passing shoes my mission this spring, and here are my top three picks:
1. These Cole Haan Portia Air Wedges
($299) meet office policy while remaining chic. The bone color is on trend and the Nike Air technology ensures your feet won't kill you by the end of the day.
2. A platform and a cream colored leather make these Ralph Lauren Pumps ($89) springy while still work-appropriate.
3. These FRYE Peep-Toe Flats
($158) are perfect for casual Fridays. And the woven
mix of shiny and metallic leathers keep them from being boring.
Browse our Spring Shoe Guide for 20 right-now shoes under $100.