Psst! Don't Shop There--Check Out These 5 Stores Every Mom Should Be Back-to-School Shopping At...
August 8, 2012
Don’t want your kid to have the same Brave backpack or Spiderman T-shirt as everyone else at school this year? Ditto! As much as we appreciate stores like Walmart and Target, they kind of take the fun out of back-to-school shopping because you can pretty much guarantee every other kid is gonna have the same stuff as your kid.
Luckily, there’s an easy way to solve that–shop somewhere else! Here are 5 stores we love for back-to-school shopping:
1. J. Crew. Lots of moms count J. Crew out because they think the clothes, especially the kids’ clothes, are way too expensive. But you’re missing out! Crewcuts can be expensive, but when they go on sale, they’re on sale. We’re talking good quality leggings for $13 and khakis for just $25. Find a coupon code and the prices are down right cheap. You’re getting the style and the quality without paying a fortune–how could you resist?
2. Kohl’s. I will admit, I’ve been sleeping on Kohl’s for the last few years, but my eyes have been opened. Not only are the sales incredible, but the clothes are cute! Their jeans are definitely a highlight for me because the quality is amazing and you can get them for as little at $9.
3. 6pm. Cheapest. Shoes. Ever. Okay, I can’t honestly say ever, but the deals here are unbeatable, especially when it comes to kids’ shoes. Currently, you can get Crocs, Sperry Top-Siders and UGGs for 45% off, Supergas for 60% off and Converse for 70% off. Need I say any more?
4. Cost Plus World Market. From quirky notebooks to retro lunch boxes, World Market is like a treasure trove. You’re sure to score BTS supplies no one else in the class will have and yes, everything is super affordable. Those cool tin lunch totes above are just $9.99 each.
5. Zara. All you moms who complain about the lack of cute boy’s clothes–GO TO ZARA! Their selection of hip, stylish boys’ clothes is out of this world and it’s not astronomically expensive. Definitely check out their outerwear for fall while you’re there.
Sign up for our newsletter for even more great finds delivered right to your inbox.
Click here to email Jeanine, the author of this post.