Since the sun is finally breaking free of the clouds, it's about time your toes started breaking free of your shoes. Once you get your tootsies looking nice (try the fish pedicure!) show them off with these stellar flat sandals. We found the best of every type so you don't have to.
1. Best beach wear: Ecote Flower Sandal ($29, was $38). Traipsing around the beach makes those bright rubber flip flops get dirty fast. The dark leather sole on this pair will keep your kicks looking like new for a lot longer.
2. Best day-to-night: Joie Free Fallin' Metallic Thong ($245). Sure, this pair is a splurge, but they deliver style in spades. They're flats, so you can be sure you'll be comfortable when you pair them with your dark skinny jeans on casual Friday. Or, wear them to the bar Saturday night with just about anything.
3. Best deal: Metallic T-Strap Sandal ($19.50). If you're on a budget like I am, Old Navy is the perfect go-to for snazzy sandals that won't break the bank.
4. Best gladiator inspired: We Who See Laser Cutout ($38). Anyone who's been to a shoe store knows that gladiator-style sandals are all the rage this summer. I like these because they're inspired by the strappy trend without being a carbon copy of something Maximus would wear.
5. Most comfortable: Havaianas Slim Peacock ($24). Havaianas advertises itself as the world's best rubber flip flop, and I'm inclinded to agree. Unlike some brands I know, Havaianas' shoes actually stay comfortable over time because they don't wear out quickly. Nice.