SHEfinds Founder Michelle Madhok's Top 5 Tips for Finding Date Night Deals
April 7, 2011
SHEfinds founder and CEO Michelle Madhok went on Better TV to talk date night savings, giving us the dish on the best websites for planning a date on a budget. Check out her top 5 tips below:
1. Groupon or Living Social. Whether you live in Los Angeles or Long Island, don’t make a dinner reservation without first subscribing to these daily deals. Every day there’s an amazing local deal, so you could score a dinner at your favorite neighborhood restaurant or even movie tickets for up to 90% off.
2. Villagevines.com – Village Vines gives food lovers access to preferred pricing with their city’s most popular restaurants. You pay $10 to secure your exclusive pricing (typically 30% off your party’s entire bill – food and drink!)
3. Restaurant.com’s Dinner of the Month Club. Ready to institute a monthly date night? Then get yourself a Dinner of the Month subscription. You get a $25 gift certificate every month that you can use at thousands of restaurants around the country.
4. Rent the Runway. So you’ve got dinner booked, now onto your outfit. Chances are spit up-stained shirts far outnumber cute date night dresses in your closet, so we say turn to Rent the Runway. You can rent a cute, designer dress to wear for the night, then return it the next day. It’s way cheaper than buying a new dress you’ll probably never wear again.
5. Sittercity. If this site doesn’t save you cash, it will definitely save you energy. No mom likes the ordeal of finding a good sitter, but Sittercity makes the process a breeze. You can search for sitters in your area, interview them and even check references.