SheFinds Solutions: How To Pack Your Purse
So, you’ve just found a great deal on a new fall handbag! Before you start the transfer of goods from the old to the new, take a second to review our top 13 essentials items for your purse. The necessities below will help you to follow the Boy Scouts motto: always be prepared.
1. Anti-Shine Blotting Tissues: Try Shiseido's Pureness Oil Control Blotting Papers ($16) to avoid extra shine and help make-up to last longer.
2. Tinted Lip Gloss: To hydrate lips, cuticles, elbows, even a dry nose, keep a tin of this Minted Rose Lip Balm ($7) handy.
3. Folding Hairbrush & Pony Tail Holders: A necessity for the walk of shame! Sephora's lightweight and compact pop-up hairbrush ($8) should be a staple in every woman's bag.
4. Stain Remover: So important, even if you're not the one with lunch on your shirt; you never know when a friend's new blouse will need saving. To be extra prepared, we buy the Tide To-Go Pens in bulk ($18 for six pens).
5. Breath Freshener: Because you really don’t want to be remembered for you bad breath–Altoids Sugar-Free Smalls ($19 for twelve).
6. Cash ($40): You’ve probably already had to learn this lesson, but it’s worth repeating–always carry enough cash to cover a small emergency.
7. Antibacterial Gel: With flu and cold season upon us, don’t leave home without Crabtree & Evelyn's Citrus Antibacterial Hand Gel ($4).
8. Perfume: Because a woman should always smell like a woman, don't leave home without Marc Jacobs Fragrance Purse Spray ($100).
9. Tummy Ache Remedy: Upset stomach, indigestion, diarrhea, heartburn, nausea – need we say more? Pop a Pepto-Bismol Chewable Tablets ($5.99) and give your digestive system some rest.
10. Tampons: But don’t just haphazardly throw them in your bag! Store them in a funky carrying case like this one from Kyle Design ($22.50), and you’ll never be caught off guard (or accidentally pull one out thinking it’s a pen).
11. Energy Food: When you blood sugar drops and your brain goes on a mini holiday, reach for a Greens Plus Natural Energy Bar ($28.99 for 12).
12. Pen & Small Notebook: Because you never know when you might need to write underwater or upside down. Seriously, I’ve had this classy Fisher Space Pen ($28) for almost 15 years!
13. Headache/Pain Reliever: You don't really want to sit through that 2-hour meeting with a splitting headache or hangover, do you? Pop a Percogesic ($8.89) for some relief.
The best tip we can offer to help keep your handbag organized is to lighten your load daily. As soon as you get home, take out anything that isn’t absolutely necessary, and drop it in a catch-all basket/bin near your front door. This way, you are instantly ready to run out of the house tomorrow morning!