Some people choose to shower in the morning and other people prefer to shower at night. I’m part of the latter group. I personally hate showering early in the morning because it makes me feel more tired, for some reason. From what I’ve read there isn’t too much scientific evidence that states whether showering in the morning or at night is better for you, but there definitely are pros to each!
Pros of showering in the morning:
Tip: if you shower in the morning, use cold water!
– You start the day feeling refreshed and energized.
– Improves blood circulation and immunity.
– You’ll be more alert throughout the day.
– Your hair and skin will thank you. Cold water won’t strip your hair and skin of its natural oils. It also seals your pores, so dirt won’t get trapped on your skin or scalp.
Pros of showering at night:
– You’ll have more time to sleep in during the morning.
– Going to bed clean every night keeps your sheets/bedding cleaner longer.
– It’s a nice relaxing treat after a long day at work.
– You wash away all the germs you’ve faced throughout the day and don’t bring them into your bed.
– Wake up to your hair already done! Either shower with a cap on and pin your hair in place, or partially air dry your hair, add some styling/texturizing cream and put it in a loose bun. No need to waste time on your hair in the morning.
– There’s more time to eat a proper breakfast.
Yup, I still prefer to shower at night!