Smashbox Sample Saturday Rules
SMASHBOX SHEFINDS GIVEAWAY
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Sample Saturday ( the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Smashbox Cosmetics and SheFinds, any of their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, representatives, franchisees, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment, and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, children, siblings and their spouses, regardless of where they live) and those living in the same household are not eligible to enter or win. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent on fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Sponsor reserves the right to verify the eligibility of winner. Void where prohibited by law. Subject to all federal, state and local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
2. SPONSOR: Smashbox Cosmetics, 8538 Warner Drive, Culver City, CA 90232.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins on 3/7/2015at 12:01 a.m. PST and ends on 3/13/2015 at 11:59 p.m.
HOW TO ENTER SWEEPSTAKES: To enter the Sweepstakes, visit www.SheFinds.com during the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, damaged, misdirected, illegible or incomplete registrations, reviews, or entries. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the permitted number of entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, addresses or any other methods will void all of that participant’s entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor’s discretion. Use of automated entries or programs is prohibited. Normal Internet access, phone and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply.
Sweepstakes entries will be attributed to the authorized account holder of the email address, account holder or username submitted during registration/entry. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the email address or username used to enter will be deemed to be the registrant or participant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Internet service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Winning participants may be required to provide Sponsor with proof that the claimed winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry, or forfeit the prize. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win.
4. DETERMINATION AND NOTIFICATION OF WINNER: 100 winners will be randomly selected and notified by Smashbox Cosmetics within a week of sweepstakes end date by email. Except where legally prohibited, potential winner may be required to execute an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release form (“Eligibility/Liability Form”) within seven (7) days of notification or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be randomly selected from all eligible entries received.
PRIZE CONDITIONS AND RESTRICTIONS: Each of the 100 winners will receive 1 prize, a Smashbox O-Gloss Intuitive Lip Gloss valued at $24. Prizes are not transferable and no substitution is allowed except in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Prizes may not be redeemed for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize of equal or greater value if advertised prize (or portion of prize) is unavailable. Winner is responsible for any loss of prize or portion of prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. All federal, state and local tax liabilities are the responsibility of the winners. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission (except where prohibited) for the Sponsor to use the winner’s name, likeness, biography, statements, and any other similar materials for marketing and publicity purposes without additional compensation or limitation.
Return of any prize or prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. If a potential winner fails to sign and return the Eligibility/Liability form, or if the potential winner is unavailable to accept the prize within the time period specified, or to use the prize on dates specified by Sponsor, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate entrant may be selected.
All prizes are awarded “as is” with no guarantee, either express or implied. If by reason of a printing, typographical, or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these official rules, all persons making purportedly valid claims will be included in a random drawing to award the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor which corrupt or affect the operation, administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and: (a) cancel, suspend, or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prize from among the eligible entries received, up to the time of impairment.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Neither Sponsor nor anyone acting on its behalf will enter into any communications with any entrant regarding this Sweepstakes, except as expressly set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. Entrants agree that Sponsor shall own the entries, which shall not be acknowledged or returned.
7. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR AND ITS AFFILIATES, PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, FRANCHISEES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONSULTANTS, CONTRACTORS, LEGAL COUNSEL, ADVERTISING, PUBLICATIONS, SWEEPSTAKES FULFILLMENT AND MARKETING AGENCIES, WEB SITE PROVIDERS, WEB MASTERS, AND THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, AND AGENTS (COLLECTIVELY, THE “RELEASED PARTIES”) WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF A PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO TRAVEL CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM. BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, PARTICIPANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY INJURIES, DAMAGES, OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES) TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DEATH, OR TO PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF RECEIPT OR USE OF THE PRIZE OR THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM THE SWEEPSTAKES WEBSITE. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WINNER GRANTS TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING AND SWEEPSTAKES AGENCIES, SUPPLIERS, AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO ITS AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, EACH WINNER’S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR SHALL OWN THE ENTRIES, WHICH WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED, AND THAT SPONSOR AND ITS DESIGNEES SHALL HAVE THE PERPETUAL, WORLDWIDE RIGHT TO EDIT, PUBLISH, AND USE THE ENTRIES IN ANY WAY AND IN ANY MEDIA FOR TRADE, ADVERTISING, PROMOTIONAL, AND/OR OTHER PURPOSES AS SPONSOR AND/OR ITS DESIGNEES MAY DETERMINE WITHOUT FURTHER CONSIDERATION TO ENTRANTS OR ANY THIRD PARTY.
8. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by law, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgment, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the New York.
9. WINNERS LIST: For an Official Winners List (available after 3/15/2015) or a copy of these Official Rules, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Smashbox SheFinds Sweepstakes 40 W. 23rd. St. 3rd Floor. New York, NY 10010
10. PRIVACY: Unless you otherwise agree, entry information collected through the Sweepstakes shall be used only to administer the Sweepstakes in accordance with these Official Rules and applicable law.