Tripped up on what to give for Christmas this year? Tired of buying gifts you know will end up in the return bin on the 26th? As an alternative, why not get super creative, and put together a mini-stylist kit for the fellow fashionistas in your life?
Now this might sound random, but it’s an unexpected gift that your girlfriends (or guy friends) will not even realize they need until they have it. Gather together these mini lifesavers which will prove astonishingly useful to anyone in your circle.
1. When the cold weather arrives, the sweaters come out of hiding, and with them come those annoying little pills. No matter the quality or the number of seasons they’ve weathered, your precious sweaters start to fuzz up before your very eyes. The Whitmore Deluxe Fabric Shaver ($14.99) comes to the rescue and works like a charm to shave off all of the unwanted little cling-ons. Your knits will look like new in no time.
2. The Self Cleaning Lint Brush ($13) is a great gift for the winter season, as we all tend to migrate towards the darker colors, and the lint tends to migrate towards us. This brush is the more sophisticated version of the old-school masking tape roller, and won’t get stuck to everything in your purse.
3. Oops! Your hot date is arriving in five minutes and you’ve just discovered huge white deodorant marks on your fab little black dress. What’s a girl to do? Miss Oops Rescue Sponges ($9.99) will save you in an instant by eliminating those unsightly marks with a few quick swipes.
4. Hollywood Fashion Tape ($6.95) is perfect for keeping low cut tops and dresses in place. Celebrity stylists use it to keep their clients from baring it all on the red carpet.
5. Tiny enough to slip into an evening clutch, Tide-To-Go ($18 for 6 pens) is essential for any event where red wine might be present (especially when the spirits are flowing freely and you're in winter white).
Once you’ve gathered the tools of the trade for the lucky ladies in your life, pack it all up in a chic tote. Sigrid Olsen’s magenta patent tote ($60) is great gift all on its own. So go ahead and give the gift of practicality. I guarantee it will garner more cheer than those boring bath beads you were eyeing.