Stuck in Manhattan? Just Stay Home.
December 15, 2004
Today in [url=http://shefinds.com/press/metro.htm]Metro NY[/url] I published my tips for avoiding the RNC madness.
With the RNC upon us I decided to use my skills as an online shopper to help New Yorkers survive the political onslaught of delegates and anti-Republicans and just stay home ? no matter what. As long as your high-speed connection is live and phone lines open you can have all the necessities of Manhattan living delivered to your doorstep.
1. Why submit yourself to Fairway?s narrow aisles and sharp elbowed grandmothers? [url=http://www.freshdirect.com/site_access/site_access.jsp;jsessionid=BzkXRT4CgahWiOZ60IIANRGk7rVdfMh8vSf1Ba1DvHg3aowVzR15!-32065864!171246093!7220!-1!262781007!171246091!7220!-1?successPage=/index.jsp]FreshDirect.com[/url] and [url=http://xpressgrocer.com/]xpressgrocer.com[/url] are ready to take your order and deliver all the goods. This is especially luxurious for those who live in 4th floor walk-ups. Yes, there?s a small delivery fee, but a recent study showed that groceries ordered online are actually cheaper than those bought in the local supermarkets.
2. Go out to eat? Not in this heat! Swing you mouse over to [url=http://menupages.com/]menupages.com[/url] where menus for nearly every restaurant in your delivery zone are listed online along with comments from fellow take-out addicts.
3. So you?ve spent your housebound afternoon sorting through your CD?s and have decided that you really need to invest in some new tunes. Off to Virgin mega store? Never! Log-on to [url=http://musicstore.real.com/music_store/home]musicstore.real.com[/url] and download any song for 49 cents.
4. You?re low on toothpaste. You could subject yourself to the long lines of Duane Reade or you can log on to drugstore.com and get [url=http://click.linksynergy.com/fs-bin/click?id=T*L/j1OJQXY&offerid=43440.10000221&type=3&subid=0]free 3-Day shipping[/url] on your order over $49. Order bulky or heavy items like toilet paper or laundry detergent.
5. On a sweltering hot day there?s nothing like a good movie on demand (thanks Time Warner Cable!) paired with a crisp white wine. If your vino stock is running low log on to [url=http://67wine.com/]67wine.com[/url] to replenish your wine cellar (or more likely wine ?shelf? for Manhattanites). If you order before 4 PM and live between 42nd and 110th St. you can be sipping a Sauvignon Blanc the very same day.
6. All of this computer work can make for a stiff neck, but if you venture out to a spa you?re sure to be crammed on the subway with sweaty delegates and protesters and lose all your post-treatment bliss. Have the masseuse to meet you at home pronto. Surf over to [url=http://cortiva.com/]cortiva.com[/url] where you can get a same day appointment for a 60 minute in home massage treatment for only $99 and all orders placed before 9/15 and receive a FREE 20 minute add-on reflexology to any 60 minute massage. Such a perfect way to reward yourself for a hard-day shopping indoors.