Subversive Makes Target Great Again
March 26, 2008
I dropped into Target last Saturday with the intention of scoping out the much publicized Jovovich-Hawk line. I must admit I've been somewhat disappointed in the past few designer collections – they've all just looked so, well, cheap. Which is silly I know since they are being offered at Target, but I don't recall the earlier designers' wares looking this shoddy or disjointed. I was hoping Jovovich-Hawk would raise the bar. Unfortunately, what was left of the goods was nothing to write home about – flimsy fabrics, sloppy cuts, and juvenile prints – and I almost walked out empty handed, which is something that never happens at Target. Until I came across Subversive's jewelry collection. I suddenly got so giddy at how pretty, and not cheap each piece looked. Now with a price range up to $60, this is Target's most expensive jewelry line to boot, but if you compare some of these pieces to Justin Giunta's main collection, you'll see they bear a striking resemblance. Finally, a Target designer that doesn't disappoint. Below are our top 5 favorites from the collection.
1. This goldtone cluster necklace ($60) is the perfect statement piece to wear with your LBD, or even jeans and a plain white tee.
2. For something a touch more subtle but still packed full of flair, try this edgy drop pendant necklace ($40).
3. I am now the proud owner of one of these Bauhaus block bracelets ($15), and it has not left my wrist for the past few days. Its bright colors and geometric shapes are both spring trend appropriate and surprisingly versatile.
4. Whip out something unexpected the next time you dress up, and opt for this eclectic ribbon and chain bracelet ($20).
5. These whimscial bird locket earrings ($18) are understated enough to wear during the day, or out all night long.