Summer isn’t typically a season you go all out shopping for, but that doesn’t mean you should let June 21 get here without having some essentials. You don’t need to go crazy and restock your whole wardrobe, but you should definitely make sure you have a good selection of sunnies, shorts and sandals to rotate over the next few months. What else do you absolutely need for summer? Check out our complete checklist below.
1. Sunglasses. You should technically be wearing sunglasses all year round, but they’re an absolute must come summer. We recommend circle sunglasses, printed sunglasses, half-frame sunglasses and these sunnies that will never go out of style.
2. White jeans. Nothing says summer quite like a crisp pair of white jeans, so whether you opt for skinny or bootcut you should definitely have at least one pair. Shop our faves here.
3. Neon jewelry. Although summer is synonymous with sun, there will be some cloudy days. When they come, a little flash of neon jewelry will instantly brighten your mood.
4. Non-leather bag. Whether it’s for a beach trip or as a trendy carryall, now’s the time to trade in your hot leather tote for something lightweight like straw or nylon.
7. Lace dress. Easy to dress up and down, you’ll find yourself reaching for a lace dress over and over this summer. You can’t go wrong with classic white, but be adventurous and get one in a bright color, too.
9. Pastel nail polish. Trust us on this one, pastel hues will look amazing against your tanned skin this season.
10. The perfect shorts. Last, but certainly not least, no summer wardrobe is complete without an array of shorts. Whether denim, lace, embellished, printed or leather, you have permission to stock up.
Now that you’ve narrowed down your shopping list, click through the slideshow to see (and shop) our favorites!