When people wax on about gorgeous “wedding hair,” they’re generally talking about long, wavy locks or fancy, intricate updos. But thanks to new bride Carey Mulligan (who secretly wed Marcus Mumford of Mumford & Sons in England), and Anne Hathaway (who chopped all her locks off for a Les Miserables role and plans to wed fiance Adam Shulman this summer), short haired-brides are finally getting the attention they deserve.
Whether you’ve got a choppy, chin-length bob, or a stylish pixie cut, a la Carey and Anne, we’ve got a few styling tips to share. Plus, a virtual shopping cart full of gorgeous short-hair accessories.
Need some ideas for super sexy short wedding hair? May we suggest…
- If your hair is pixie length, opt for an embellished headband or vintage-style head wrap.
- If you’ve got a short bob, try sweeping a few front or side pieces back with a crystal comb.
- Don’t forego the hairdresser, just because you have super short hair! Get your short ‘do professionally styled, and then accent it with a few simple hairpins.
- Tired of your everyday hairstyle? Crimp it, curl it, or put in a wave, then sweep it back with a pretty headband.
- If your hair is short and extra fine, hold it in place with a decorative fine-tooth comb.
Shop short-hair accessories now:
Shop our guides to the best bridal hair accessories, designer wedding shoes, and simple wedding dresses.