If you haven’t updated your operating system to iOS 10 yet–here are the exciting new features you have to look forward to:
1. Raise To Wake. When you pick up the phone, it will turn on the screen and display your latest notifications without you having to hit the “Home” button.
Go to Settings > Display & Brightness > Switch “Raise To Wake” On.
2. Bedtime. This feature sends you an alert when it’s time to go to bed, based off when your morning alarm is set for (it knows how much sleep you need!).
Here are step-by-step instructions for turning this on.
READ MORE: 4 Genius Ways To Organize Your IPhone Apps
3. Widgets. You can now swipe left from the lock screen to see cal events, weather, news, and more widgets. Few keystrokes, more #winning.
4. Delete default apps. You can now delete default apps that come with the iPhone, like the Compass or Stocks, if you don’t use them.
Hold down your finger on the app until it starts to jiggle (the Edit Mode). Select “X” to delete it.
5. Emoji tap. When drafting a text, the the Messages app will highlight certain words you can replace with an emoji. So cool!
6. Memories. In addition to more advanced facial and object recognition in Photos, there’s a new Memories feature that creates a slideshow of your photos and videos from certain events, like say a wedding or a vacation.
7. iMessage Tricks. iMessage has a ton of new tricks up it’s sleeve, like the ability to send a photo using the “Invisible Ink” feature.
Here are more instructions on those.
8. Notes collaboration. You can now collaborate with other people on notes (like, say, sharing the grocery list with your spouse).
9. New Apple Maps. The iOS 10 version of Maps is much improved–including larger buttons that make it easier to use.
10. Apps in iMessage. iMessage has it’s own Store, which means more services will be integrated directly in to Message (like ordering food, shopping, and more).